Acupuncture is performed by inserting thin, sterile, stainless steel needles into specific points on the body. Acupuncture produces a physiological response. It can provide pain relief, stimulate the immune and nervous systems release of endorphins, increase microcirculation, and decrease inflammation. Acupuncture can be very effective in treating chronic conditions such as:
• Pain and inflammation
• degenerative joint disease (arthritis)
• orthopedic and neurologic disorders
• Trauma and injury
• post-operative healing
• muscle tension or spasms
• chronic muscle and tendon strains
The Benefits of Acupuncture
• It is one of the safest forms of medical treatment when administered by a properly trained veterinarian.
• It is usually painless.
• Side effects are rare and generally less severe than some medications.
• Acupuncture is most effective when used in combination with conventional medicine.